Becoming a sommelier takes more than dedication, it takes a community. Having a support system is how we grow in the wine world, and the most successful sommeliers work together to be their best. We have created a live, digital mentorship experience designed to create a community of sommelier exam candidates and provide sessions on how to prepare for service, tasting, and theory exams. Students will attend a series of webinars and online tutoring sessions designed to deepen their understanding of how to manage wine programs, wine service execution, deductive tasting techniques, and the depth and level of wine theory needed to be a successful floor sommelier.
If you plan to sit for wine exams, join us for a ten-week preparation cohort where you will get real-time instruction and meet other candidates to study and prepare with. The course includes:
Two days a week of one-hour sessions with your instructor and cohort to review wine theory, tasting, and service.
- Full support on creating a personalized study plan
- Two tasting kits of six testable wines
- Two tasting sessions, one as a group round table, the other as a one on one with your instructor
- A seminar on the business of wine
- Live wine service review
- A two-hundred-page Theory E-book, plus a Service E-Book, and a Blind Tasting E-Book
- Weekly reviews and quizzes
- Scheduled office hours to work through any questions or study issues.
No topics will be left undiscovered. We will provide you with the tools needed to pass any sommelier exam successfully while learning how to manage and build a world-class wine program.
This class will be held Online through our online learning platform. Tasting Kits are available available for shipping. Please note that we are unable to ship to New Hampshire, Utah, Alaska or Hawaii.